Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blessed

I know I don't often talk about my feeling regarding our family as a whole or my other children individually. I suppose i am focused on sharing this new world of Trisomy 18 and want to document it from a perspective relative to Alyssa.

I do want to acknowledge that how my heart speaks regarding Alyssa is similar for my other kids too. I know this doesn't need to be said, but I want to. Each of their births were (and continue to be) a miracle. I am appreciative of their lives and the time I have to spend with them. Unique individuals they each are and special to me in ways that are difficult to express. Alyssa's arrival heightens these feelings. I am so grateful and thankful to my living God for my children.

As a family I can say we are not typical, backwards in many ways but I think the love we have for one another is evident. While we need to express a little more patience and kindness towards one another, the bond is strong. I thank God for preserving my marriage so that my children can feel love and protected in a two parent household (before anything is said I was raised by a single mom). I think it is a benefit and a gift to them to have a mom and dad that like each other and them; in addition to loving them. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment